In 1952 the Núñez-Barranco family started in the mesh industry, with chain-link (single torsion) wire mesh used mainly for fencing.
After 10 years, machine manufacturing companies started appearing in the domestic market. These companies needed new products, woven wire mesh made with abrasion resistant wire used for screening aggregates in the cement and asphalt industries, this lead to the incorporation of new technologies for the manufacturing of screening media.
In 1968 due to the high demand and good proven quality of the screening products, the brothers Eusebio and Pedro Núñez-Barranco Garcia, create the company Talleres Núñez S.A. to be established on a 16.000 m2 plot of land, on the M-501, just outside Madrid, with all the necessary machinery and equipment for the manufacture of the screening meshes.
At the same time, new technologies would be incorporated for the crimping and looming of the different meshes and a technical department was created to follow the market demands and develop new products, first in the domestic market and immediately after in the international markets.
In 1995 Pedro Núñez-Barranco Ruiz, asumes as new CEO and Eusebio Núñez-Barranco Moya as Technical Director of the company.
Production and high quality standards of the screened aggregates, made it necessary to create new products of higher efficiency such as the Self-cleaning screens.
In order to extend the working life of the screens, new materials where used, like: Rubber and Polyurethane, also perforated plates for some applications.
Following the tendency of dividing the screening deck into modular systems, Talleres Núñez patented its own system, making it compatible, in the installation, with other well-known systems.
In these last years, Talleres Núñez, S. A. has collaborated with construction companies in the design of aggregate plants for the development of big infrastructure projects like the Panama Channel and the High speed train from Mecca to Medina and Line 1 of the Panama City metro line.